January visit to Victoria BC
Happy new year!
Only one more week of enduring Ottawa’s freezing temperatures until I’ll be on a much needed break in Victoria! On the top of my list is a trip to the Victoria Public Market, something I’ve been excited about since the plan to create a market in the Hudson building was announced last year. The market looks amazing and it’s only a few blocks from my house. I’m especially looking forward to visiting Cowichan Bay Seafood; the Victoria Pie Company, and La Cocina de mama Oli.
In the spirit of New Year’s, I’ve created a list of things I need to / would like to get done this year:
- Paint the house and garage.
- Put a new roof on the garage.
- Build a small shed to store firewood.
- Turn the attic into a beautiful, livable space and install a washroom.
- Rebuild our compost bins.
- Prune the apple trees, the pear tree, and the fig tree.
- Do something about the kiwi vines that are taking over the Southeast corner of the property.